Customer Service/Cashier with Esso
THIS IS A YEAR ROUND POSITION — NOT SUMMER JOB
Esso Alexandria, Ontario, Canada (a division of MacEwen Petroleum Inc.) is looking for a part-time service station/cashier attendant. This role provides customer service at our service station in Alexandria, ON. The successful candidate will be required to work evenings, statutory holidays, some weekends possible. Full training provided. Current position requires flexibility as there might be some on call/last minute shifts available.
– Greet customers and address any questions or concerns.
– Oversee sale of gasoline, lottery tickets, cigarettes, confections, etc.
– Restock products to shelves, check expiration dates, ensure only intact products are sold.
– Collect cash payments from customers and make changes, or charge purchases to customers’ credit cards and provide customers with receipts using our POS system.
– Keep inside and outside of property clear of garbage and mess (bathroom, floors, windows, exterior, gas pumps, shelves, counter, etc.).
– Opening or Closing the Store, counting cash, lottery and cigarettes
– Other duties as may reasonably be required.
Education and Experience Required:
– Previous customer service experience required.
– Able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Excellent customer service skills.
– Effective communication skills in both English and French preferred.
– Hardworking, reliable, and responsible.
– Willingness to participate in training is essential.
– Demonstrates a safety-first approach to the role.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 10-31 per week
Salary: $15.50 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Cashiering: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person
Type of Job: Part-Time,
Hourly Wage/Salary: $15.50/hour
Hours: part time
Closes: Nov 30, 2023
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. GIAG is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a GIAG job posting translated into French, please contact us.