Attendant/ UCP for The Palace Retirement Community
The Palace Retirement Home Job Description
Job Title: Attendant/ UCP
4 shifts per two week period guaranteed, possibility of picking up additional shifts.
- Will be responsible for the facility and be able to work independently and attend resident’s needs and Medical care.
- Must answer telephone calls and carry portable phone at all times when on duty floors.
- Must carry and answer Emergency pager calls at all times.
- Must obtain report from the previous shift attendant on any resident needing special care during the night.
- Prepare vegetables for following day
- Prepare breakfast tables and start preparing for day shift, assist as needed.
- Rounds each floor every 2 hours.
- Prepare and administer medications as needed
- Complete resident laundry and other cleaning as assigned.
- Unlock all doors in the morning and deliver resident newspapers to rooms.
- Give a written report at the end of the shift.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Job Title: Attendant/ UCP
11:30 PM. Sign in.
Receive report from day shift, including any absences, illness, incidents etc.
Check all 3 utility rooms (electrical, water salt, boiler) for water leaks and sign off sheet. (on back of each door).
11:35 PM Check all the entrance doors are locked. Sometime a resident might go out and forget to lock the door when her/she comes in.
12:00 AM Prepare morning medications and leave locked in staff room.
Begin resident laundry.
12:30 AM Start preparing the vegetables; go bag by bag (see instruction sheet) Check menu for next day if unsure how to prepare.
1:00 AM Do a bed check on each floor, recheck all the doors.
1:30 AM. Continue preparing vegetables; When complete, disinfect the cutting board, knives and the counter top.
Housekeeping in all common areas:
- Dust the living room, windowsills; wipe the baseboard and any dirty spot on the walls.
- Polish elevator
- Entrance, near elevator, clean the windows and the windowsills,
- Sweep and wash kitchen floor and wipe the black plastic carpet and make sure to wash underneath.
- Vacuum the living room and hall area leading to the laundry room.
- Do weekly housekeeping as per Tick Sheet.
3:00 AM. Do a bed check on each floor, recheck all doors.
3:45 AM. Continue housekeeping in designated area till 6:00 a.m.
- Ensure both washrooms are cleaned
6:00 AM. Take vegetables to the Palace L.T.C kitchen.
Deliver newspapers according to list posted in kitchen.
- In winter, throw down salt if there is snow/ice on walkway.
6:30 AM Start coffee and tea and re-heating the bacon on Wednesdays & Sundays.
Preset the tables for breakfast (prune water in the kettle and boil water for the egg pan & porridge.
Take out bread for toast.
Administer puffers, eye drops, patches ect. as directed.
7:15 AM Place milk pitchers & creamers on table. Start helping out with breakfast and bring sick trays if any residents require in their room.
Write report, ensure incident reports are completed as necessary.
No Breakfast is being served before 7:30 unless a resident has an early Appointment departure.
On your shift you are entitled to 2 breaks of 15 minutes and one break of 30 minutes.
1) Must have a friendly disposition and work with minimal supervision.
2) Must have a neat appearance in dress and personal hygiene.
3) Being bilingual (French & English) is an asset.
4) Employees may be asked to work varying shifts, including night shift.
5) Must have the food handler’s course with the EOHU.
6) Must have pharmacy UCP Med pass training.
7) Must complete Surge Learning for Retirement Home.
8) Must participate in Fire drills according to the law and understand their role in emergency preparedness.
Type of Job: Part-Time,
Hourly Wage/Salary: $19.21/hour
Hours: Shift: 23:30-07:30
Closes: Jan 31, 2024
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. GIAG is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a GIAG job posting translated into French, please contact us.