Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator for KP Windows
Reporting to the Director of Manufacturing for the Alexandria Plant, the EHS Coordinator is working on site and is the front-line point of contact for occupational risk management and environmental protection & conservation.
- Perform inspections to ensure Environmental & Health and Safety systems and processes are being maintained and in compliance with regulatory legislative requirements and Saint-Gobain standards.
- Work collaboratively with operations and production personnel to proactively address and control health and safety risks including environmental impacts.
- Participate and support risk assessments and act as safety point-of-contact during standard operation, shut-downs, installations, and other non-routine activities.
- Ensure all compliance training requirements are up-to-date and completed in a timely fashion ie. Confined Space Entry, Fall Control, Lift Truck Operation, Lockout-Tagout, First Aid and CPR etc.
- Conduct and complete workplace EHS investigations and accident/injury reporting in a timely fashion.
- Manage WCB claims, accommodations and return to work plans in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Manage and maintain all EHS information, documentation and records using the suite of digital solutions.
HERE WE ‘GROW’ AGAIN!
On July 29, 2022 Saint-Gobain completed the acquisition of Kaycan, a manufacturer and distributor of exterior building materials in Canada and in the United States. With this acquisition, Saint-Gobain reinforced its worldwide leadership in light and sustainable construction by becoming the top siding player in Canada and enlarging its vinyl offer across the United States with complementary solutions in aluminum and engineered wood.
Saint-Gobain -the world’s largest building materials company with a 350-year legacy of innovation and growth. The Saint Gobain group is a leader in sustainable product development and environmental stewardship. We’re proud to that Saint-Gobain North America was recognized by Top Employers institute as on the best workplaces in North America & Canada.
Our team designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions in the construction and building materials market. We provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change. Our offerings incorporate and promote the wellbeing for each of us and we are building a future where we collectively work together towards our core purpose in Making the World a Better Home.
Saint-Gobain is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants upon their request. This commitment is in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
- Post-Secondary education in the field of Applied Sciences and OHS or Environmental engineering
- Ability to conduct training sessions and facilitate group presentations as required.
- Excellent Ability to collect information from employees and to relay relevant facts through incident investigations and risk reduction actions.
- Ability to research and comprehend legislative language to ensure legal compliance.
- Experience working in ISO
- Experience in a unionized manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing WCB reporting and return to work process.
- Experience with writing policies and procedures for health and safety.
Type of Job: Full time,
Hours: full time
Closes: Dec 31, 2023
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. GIAG is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a GIAG job posting translated into French, please contact us.