Maintenance Supervisor for KP Windows
KP Windows, a division of Saint-Gobain, has an exciting career opportunity for a Maintenance Supervisor to join our team at our Alexandria / Ontario location.
This is a great chance to join a Top Employer and contribute to our growth and success by providing fast and sufficient support to our Canadian business.
What’s the job?
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible to lead a maintenance team as they maximize reliability of designated plant facilities and equipment while insuring employee safety and product quality. Directly supervises union Mechanical & Electrical Technicians in the installation, maintenance, repair and/or replacement of plant equipment, buildings, machinery, etc. Will be a leader of Professional Maintenance oriented improvement projects in area of responsibility involving the incorporation of World Class Manufacturing techniques and principles into all maintenance systems.
- Accountable for safe maintenance activities. Will follow, teach and improve safety systems and procedures to employees and contractors such as LOTO, permits to work, safety audits etc.
- Assures good housekeeping practices following 5S systems, enforces plant rules and safety regulations.
- Identifies and executes development for the maintenance team in both technical and soft skills and leads apprentice development program.
- Provide support and assistance for emergencies during afterhours or weekend.
- Progressively improves the Professional Maintenance status of all equipment on a prioritized basis using WCM techniques and practices.
- Ensures the sustainability of completed improvements by the maintenance team.
- Oversees timely completion of breakdown root cause analysis and countermeasure implementation (EWO).
- Works with maintenance lead personnel and the maintenance planner to ensure correct prioritization and timely completion of all work orders and sets out work on a weekly or day to day basis.
- Works with technician team and stores co-ordinator to ensure spares holding is optimized and coherent with the equipment Professional Maintenance requirement.
- Plan, utilize and manage outside contractors as necessary.
- Maintain, use and train CMMS system.
- Support and spread the use of WCM tools within the department.
- Co-ordinate maintenance activities with other departments to minimize plant downtime and maximize safety.
- Work with area performance teams for more complicated maintenance and/or process improvements.
Directly supervises 6 maintenance employees consisting of mechanical and electrical technicians and a stores co-ordinator. Approves timesheets, holiday requests and conducts Company disciplinary procedures when required.
Works in a manufacturing plant environment with exposure to dust, chemicals, temperature changes and noise. Plant is a 24 hour, 7 days a week operation and work hours may vary depending on business needs. Occasional long hours and weekend and holiday work may be required. May travel as needed, usually via airplanes and rental cars.
HERE WE ‘GROW’ AGAIN!
On July 29, 2022 Saint-Gobain completed the acquisition of Kaycan, a manufacturer and distributor of exterior building materials in Canada and in the United States. With this acquisition, Saint-Gobain reinforced its worldwide leadership in light and sustainable construction by becoming the top siding player in Canada and enlarging its vinyl offer across the United States with complementary solutions in aluminum and engineered wood.
Saint-Gobain is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants upon their request. This commitment is in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
- Prefer Technologist diploma or trades certification with significant industrial experience.
- 5+ years of maintenance experience in an Industrial Environment including 2 years of direct supervisory experience
- Strong people development, teaming and collaborative decision making skills required.
- Requires proficient typing skills and to be comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook/e-mail. Must be able to learn and effectively use local business systems and CMMS systems.
- Must be flexible to adapt to changing and varying work requirements.
- Experience with 5s, reliability centred maintenance techniques and lean manufacturing.PHYSICAL DEMANDMust be able to spend significant amount of time on plant floor. Job requires bending, stooping, climbing, entering confined spaces, navigating rough terrain and infrequent lifting of up to 75lbs. Must be able to wear mandated personal protective equipment per areas accessed.
Type of Job: Full time,
Hours: full time
Closes: Dec 31, 2023
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. GIAG is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a GIAG job posting translated into French, please contact us.